Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Politely disobedient...

So...this morning we needed to go grocery shopping.  Any mother of an almost 2 year old knows that this can be a relatively pleasant experience, or one in which you want to pull your hair out and throw yourself off a bridge, it all depends on the 2 year olds mood.  Today was very enjoyable until the end when Macy reminded me who's really in charge.  Things were going well until we hit the check out isle (which was obviously was designed by someone without children, or someone that hates mothers and feels they should be punished....or both) Macy loves to re-arrange the candy and pretend to put on the chap stick...which grosses me out.  After several attempts to re-direct her attention away from the candy and germ stick this is our conversation...

Me: "Macy stop touching the candy!"
Macy: "Ummmm"..(LONG pause as if she is thinking about my request)......"no thank you" (with a sweet smile and a handful of candy)
Me: "Macy, please stop touching the candy!"
Macy: No words just a look as if saying lady I already answered you!
Me: (again) "Macy, you will need to do a time out if you can't be a good listener"
Macy: "Ummmm.......no thank you" (again with the smile and the look as if saying same to you lady)
Cashier:  (giggles) "well, at least she's polite"

I guess I should look at the bright side....at least it wasn't the same experience we had several weeks ago when Macy screamed (and I seriously mean SCREAMED) throughout the entire store and the cashiers were mouthing "I'm sorry" to me as I checked out. They may have been actually saying it but I couldn't hear over the almost two yr old screaming "Help" in my ear.

I think I will take the politely disobedient two year old instead.....

No comments:

Post a Comment